In 1978 GM downsized its popular lineup of intermediate models and while still rear-wheel drive, they also had substantially less horsepower and torque than previous models owing to growing emissions and fuel economy concerns. In 1986 starting with the 305 cubic inch V-8, they increased the compression, added a hotter cam and larger diameter exhaust with the higher flow catalytic converter from the Corvette® to get a respectable 175 horsepower rating. With the revised 3.42:1 rear axle ratio, the 0 to 60 mph times decreased down to the low 9-second range. These mechanical improvements were wrapped in a stylish body with an all-new aerodynamic friendly nose, unique to the model.
- Authentic factory stock type wheels and tires or outrageous large-diameter spoked rims with low profile rubber tires.
- Detailed V-8 engine with single 4 bbl. carb or fuel injected induction systems.
- Tampo printed black window edges.
- Multiple Stock and Custom Decal options.
- Molded-in white, transparent red and clear with chrome plated parts and soft black tires.