This model assembly kit recreates the fun to drive MX-5 (also known as the Miata MX-5 in the US and Roadster in Japan). Specifically, the kit recreates the RF model that was originally announced by Mazda in 2016: the initials stand for Retractable Fastback, as the car features a sleek fastback hardtop design with an innovative retractable roof. In fact, the actual car's three-piece roof opens and closes in just thirteen seconds, and all at the push of a single button. It also features tweaks to its chassis and suspension to accommodate the heavier top section, while retaining all of Mazda’s vaunted safety features.
- The kit depicts the 2017 model MX-5 RF, complete with options available on top-grade models in the Japanese market such as Recaro seats, and BBS wheels.
- Parts to build Japanese, US, UK or European market spec cars.
- New window parts in this kit allow for the hardtop to be depicted up or down.
- Detailed renditions of the suspension and interior.
- Metal-plated parts are used to depict light reflectors and other components.
- Decals are included for instrumentation and other details, as are metal transfers for emblems and side mirror surfaces.